So you *need* a salty, crunchy snack? Before you reach for the cellophane housed, chemically laden junk, consider a healthy alternative. Kale Chips are nutritionally dense and super easy to make.
1 bunch of kale
either 1 Tbsp olive oil OR 1/4 veggie stock
your favorite spices……
I’m rockin: onion powder (I need a 12 step program), sea salt and nutritional yeast
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Thoroughly wash and dry the kale
- De-stem by holding the stem with one hand and dragging the other hand down the stem, raking off the leafy part
- Break into bite size pieces (keep in mind it will shrink significantly)
- Either massage with oil (a tablespoon goes a long way) or toss in veggie stock (try both and see which you prefer)
- Spread out on a cookie sheet and season generously
- Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on how crispy you like it – some pieces will be less or more cooked than others and if you’re seeking more consistency, stir midway through the baking time
And there you have it – a healthy salty snack. What is your favorite salty snack?